The bioinformatics department in the Life Science Group of Thermo Fisher Scientific seeks a talented and motivated individual to provide analytical support for internal product research and development efforts. The successful candidate will work closely with our molecular biologists to develop the next generation microarrays. This will require deep understanding of the underlying data as well as usage and development of complex data models.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop new and adapt existing algorithms.
- Assist in the analysis of reagent Quality Control (QC) tests.
- Run standard commercial and custom analyses tools to evaluate pass fail criteria in support of reagent manufacturing.
- Generate histograms, correlation plots and Design experiments for validation of manufacturing changes.
- Perform statistical analysis. Contribute to validation study reports.
- Provide comparative analyses detailing manufacturing process changes.
- Troubleshooting or identifying root causes of changes observed in the data.
- Masters or PhD in Bioinformatics, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physical or other Life Science, with a solid background in applied data analysis.
- Strong verbal and written communication in English.
- Experience with statistical data analysis software – R is preferred.
- Experience with a scripting language such as Perl or Python.
- Ability to query a database with SQL.
- Strong initiative and demonstrated ability to take ownership of challenging problems.
- Must be able to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Experience in analysis of microarray and sequence data is highly desired.
- Experience with other genomic technologies considered a plus.
The Company offers:
- The innovative environment of the rapidly growing international company.
- Salary ranges from 2 100 EUR to 2 900 EUR per month (brutto) and additional benefits package.
- An exciting opportunity to be part of a dynamic global organization and work with experienced professionals.
- High performing, driven and supportive working culture and outstanding development possibilities to increase your potential.