Cognizant is an American multinational company providing information technology, consulting, and business process outsourcing services. To augment our European Delivery, we are looking for Mid-level Java Developer to join our team working with Client project development. Our Client is a leading player in the Nordic markets for pensions, life- and health insurance, banking and asset management. The Group’s activities are carried out through the business areas: Insurance, Investments, and Banking.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Communication with our Clients Business users/ Business Analysts whenever required to understand their needs and demonstrate the finished application;
- Technical Development on project:
- perform Unit Tests and Quality checks;
- collaborate with Quality teams to understand and solve defects;
- use BPM technologies, Java/J2EE, SQL and Web Services (SOA Concepts) for bigger effectiveness;
- Create interfaces between the tools, either with official API calls of the producer or with access to databases etc;
- Create scripts used as interface to the user;
- Automated unit testing or “component test” in agile approach;
- Support End-to-End and Rollout phase;
- Creation of support documents (e.g. Release Notes, Training Material, Installation Guide, Migration Guide).
For success You need:
- 2-3 years of experience in Java programming (Spring, jUnit);
- Very good object-oriented development understanding;
- Experience working with J2EE application servers and application containers: Jetty, Apache Tomcat, Docker, etc.;
- Experience working with integration framework Apache Camel would be an advantage;
- Web development experience: SOAP/REST, various queues (at least IBM MQ);
- Database programming experience: MS SQL;
- Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering or related field;
- Understanding of Agile processes;
- Fluent communication in English.
You should be:
- Responsible, highly motivated and accurate to details.
- Communicative and flexible, also initiative.
- Creative and able to work both individually and in the team.
- Opportunity to be part of a rapidly expanding global organization with irreproachable reputation
- Open and colourful workplace with multicultural community
- Opportunity to grow both professionally and personally
- Inspiring working atmosphere and many engaging activities
- Clear career path and extra benefits
Shift : Day Job