Rocket Software develops analytics, networks, data, storage and other enterprise software making IBM Z (mainframes) & other legacy systems cutting edge. Our development center in Vilnius is growing fast with ambitions to have 200 engineers and programmers in Lithuania in the next couple of years. We succeed when our customers – Fortune 500 Companies – get the right tools for making their legacy systems legendary.
About the project
R&D site in Vilnius builds and maintains Monitoring, Analytics and Performance product families. Our clients use these products – a set of monitoring and problem management tools – to get visibility of their systems & workloads, react fast and stay ahead of issues.
We’d be excited for you to consider joining Rocket as a QA Engineer (SDET – Software Development Engineer in Test) and we’ll work hard to help you discover some of the awesome platforms we work with.
You would get a chance to work on Enterprise platforms:
- Being an inside hacker, who tries to crack our product while at the same time looks whether it fails correctly
- Challenging developers on code quality and creating scenarios for test to show product weaknesses
- Designing, building and modifying test plans which would be able to spot all bugs within the product code
- Be an advocate for automation – test automation is the future
- Work in a modern Agile development environment: git as your source control, automated pipelines, in-house and traditional testing platforms, multiple Agile teams aligned to deliver product roadmap
- You’d be able to take some of the traditional Mainframe languages like REXX, JCL to next level
- At the same time using modern languages like Python, JS and others on Mainframe for automation, scripting.
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Good understanding of software quality assurance: planning, execution, different testing types and tools
- Experience in software/systems quality assurance for enterprise customers –planning tests, automating test cases, analyzing test coverage, analyze failures through automated or manual test execution, help for development team to reproduce them
- Understanding of Mainframe, and its components or hardware and software systems in general
- Experience in designing, developing, and executing complete test plans based on product specifications with Python, PyTest or Selenium environments
- Fluent in English.
What Rocket Software can offer you in Vilnius:
- International environment and projects with blue-chip clients
- Experience in building something new: creating new development center in Vilnius, building new teams, learning together
- Private Healthcare
- 25 days Annual Leave
- Enhanced Sick Pay Benefit – sickness pay up to 100% covered
- Training platforms without any limitations – Udemy, Linkedin and Interskills
Monthly salary (Gross): 2500 – 6000 Eur, other bonuses apply